If you’re a home cook looking for delicious recipes, look no further. Fresh New England has put together an incredible collection just for you. Find the perfect recipe for any time of day or occasion.
Our recipes, accompanied by beautiful photography, are sourced from some of the best food lovers in the world. Here’s a sample of what you might find.
- If you’re looking for a hearty breakfast, consider trying Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles with Whisky Maple Butter or Poached Egg with Garlic Mustard.
- For an easy entree try Pea Miso Soup with Wasabi Chickpeas and Dandelion Pesto or BBQ Beet Beef Burgers with Avocado Goat Cheese Smash.
- And wait until you see the collection of desserts we have in store for you. How about: Lavender White Chocolate Macarons, Coconut Chocolate Chip Tea Cakes, or Gorgonzola, Pear and Honey Galette? Are you a chocolate lover? Try the recipes here.
- If you used to follow our dessert blog, Fresh, no worries – all of the desserts, photography and stories are now on Fresh New England for your enjoyment. You can find the dessert blog here.
- Remember, we also have a phenomenal selection of vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free recipes to tempt you.
Getting the Most Out of Your Recipes
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of our recipes:
- Use the best quality ingredients you can afford
- Splurge on good quality chocolate. Yes, it literally changes the taste of your recipes. We use Callebaut and Valrhona.
- Make your own vanilla. Buy some vanilla beans and place them in a jar with vodka for a few months. This is the BEST vanilla.
- Buy local food and local ingredients whenever possible. There’s nothing like a VT cheese or MA honey to enrich the flavor of your recipes.
- Kick the recipe up a notch by supplementing it with local farm and CSA finds.
- Buy a digital scale. Some of our recipes come from writers across the globe where they don’t use measuring cups. A scale costs about $10 at local cooking shop and you’ll be glad you did. Scales are much easier to use than measuring cups and provide greater accuracy when measuring ingredients. They’re so easy to use. Give it a go.
- Some of our recipes are tagged as gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian. Be sure to double-check the recipe to make sure it meets your dietary needs. Authors may update their recipes from time to time so it’s important to double check. Also remember, some added ingredients can contain gluten, such as soy sauce. In cases such as this, you’ll want to look for gluten-free ingredients.
- Get your kids involved in cooking. There’s no better way to build a love for cooking, baking and local food than food than hands-on participation.
- Have fun and don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Cooking and baking truly change your life for the better. Enjoy your food!