When you shop locally you:
- Help support local businesses.
- Protect the character of your community.
- Keep local dollars in the economy.
- Help protect the environment (factory farmed food uses a lot of resources).
- Help create jobs.
- Increase your home value (yes, towns with independent local business districts tend to have higher home values).
- Safeguard your families health. Fresh is best.
- Protect New England’s beautiful scenery. Yup, buying from farms helps preserve land.
- Discover amazing new and delicious food items you’ll never find at a big chain store.
- Play a larger role in your community. Shake the hand that feeds you.
- Have fun. Local frame, shops and food establishment are more lively, creative, beautifully decorated places to visit – especially compared to box box stores.
- Even if you just replace one of your holiday items with a local product, you’ll be making a difference in your community. We’re going local this year. We hope you join us!
(pictured: Harbor Sweets)