Right now is all about hot soups – at least in our household. Our favorite way to warm up is with soups, like this Carrot & Pumpkin Curry Soup! It’s slightly sweet, spicy, and oh so savory. Plus, when topped with pepita seeds, has a great added crunch. Serve this for your holiday dinners as an appetizer – easy, quick, and oh so flavorful!
Basically, you simmer your carrots and aromatic vegetables like celery and onions in vegetable stock, throw them into the food processor, and pulse until smooth, like below!
Slowly pulsing and adding the vegetables stock that the vegetables have simmered in until the soup reaches the consistency I want!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- In a medium stock pot, place chopped onion, celery and carrots. Top with vegetable stock and water.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place vegetables and liquid in food processor and puree until smooth (depending on amount, you might need to do this in batches.)
- Return to pot and whisk in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, salt, curry powder, sweet paprika, and turmeric. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cook for 15 more minutes and serve hot, topped with crunchy pumpkins seeds.